NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION ILORIN BRANCH
2018 NBA ILORIN FURTHER ELECTION GUIDELINES
- ELECTION CAMPAIGNS:
- Pursuant to power vested in the Electoral Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, Ilorin Branch (ECNBAI) by Article 17(1) of the Uniform Bye-Law, third Schedule to NBA Constitution, 2015 the ban on election campaign is hereby lifted.
- All forms of election campaigns shall come to an end at 10.00pm on 12th June, 2018.
- No contestant and his/her supporters shall publish, print or distribute any campaign material, gifts and any form of souvenir whatsoever.
- Any contestant or whose supporters publishes, prints or distributes any campaign material, gifts and any form of souvenir whatsoever shall be disqualified from being voted for.
- No contestant and his/her supporters shall paste posters and /or bills on any wall.
- No contestant and his/her supporters shall vilify other contestants and their supporters. As such, the use of vulgar, abusive word is hereby prohibited.
- The prohibition of the use of vulgar and /or abusive words applies to election campaigns viva voce/oral; through online platforms and any other mediums or platforms whatsoever.
- Contestants are to maintain high degree professionalism in their campaigns.
- Pursuant to the Provision of Article 18(1) & (2) of the Uniform Bye-laws, third Schedule to the NBA Constitution, 2015 election into the branch offices shall be conducted electronically.
VERIFICATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Verification of eligible voters shall be by publication of final list of eligible voters with their mobile phone numbers.
- Eligible voters are enjoined to check the list and ensure their phone numbers are correctly stated.
- Accreditation of eligible voters shall be by receipt of generated passwords/codes for the purpose of voting by sms on their mobile phone.
- Election into the branch offices shall hold on 13th June, 2018.
Presentation of Manifestos, Tuesday 12th June, 2018 at 10.00a.m.
Venue-Bar Centre, High Court Premises, Lanjorin Road, Ilorin.
Dated 28th day of May, 2018.
Yaqub Omotosho Yaqub